Friday, February 16, 2007

Walking into a room

Well, I've just spent the past few days recovering from my trip to NY and the fantastic SCBWI Winter Conference. The winter storm that passed through had me cooped up in the Cleveland Airport for a day but I am finally home and can now begin the process of putting what I've learned into practice.
I didn't have the good fortune to just happen to sit next to any art directors or editors (at least that I know of, they could have been using a false identity for all I know). I did sit at a table that was eventually joined by almost all Canadian writers. That was fun. I brought far too few business cards and ran out before the Art show (which was great) was finished. Ah well. I met up with a few other artists from my rep's group and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. I can't stress enough how good it is to get out and meet the people you've been talking to and working with through the great digital divide.

This will have to suffice as a first post. It's time to start making up some content to justify a second post.

No comments: